Straight Talk is an age appropriate comprehensive sexuality education program for youth ages 10-17. The aim is to reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in our community by:
- Increasing understanding of the consequences of risky behavior.
- Teaching better communication with parents and other responsible adults.
- Building better skills to make positive choices and follow through with those decisions.
- Decreasing risky behavior that leads to pregnancy, STIs or other negative consequences.
- Increase knowledge of sexual and reproductive health.
This program at The Bridge is consistent with the growing body of scientific evidence supporting comprehensive educational approaches that encourage abstinence as the first and best choice for youth. The program also recognizes that some adolescents need more prevention education.
Click here to view Delores Barr Weaver's "Straight Talk" PSA featuring The Bridge of Northeast Florida