Join the Bridge Team
If you are interested in joining our team here at The Bridge through a staff position, please check below for current job postings.
Youth Development Specialist
Bridge Connection I
• Commit to the Mission and Vision of the organization.
• Provide case management to youth and their parents/guardians.
• Maintain a caseload of 45 or more youth whom receive free school lunch age 9-14 years old.
• Complete an assessment for each youth prior to enrollment in the Bridge Connection One (BC1) Program.
• Administer Pre and Post test for youth in reading and math prior to enrollment in BC1.
• Secure all required signatures for both youth and parent/and or guardian, i.e. intake packet, release forms, prior to enrollment in the Bridge Connection One Program
• Commit to overall purpose, goals and objectives of the program.
• Make appropriate referrals to community resources and provide follow up for each referral made.
• Able to engage in academics, social and medical needs with families, youth, caregivers, quickly and purposefully.
• Must keep accurate records of home visits, school visits, activities plans, parent activities, parent out of home with child, clinic, dental, sexuality education class, healthy habits and any other activities for monthly reporting to Jacksonville Children’s Commission and all information should be documented in the field book.
• Maintain daily notes and documentation in Efforts to Out Come (ETO) Social Solution System.
• Check in daily upon arrival with supervisor and check all methods of communication i.e. mailbox, email, voice mail daily at beginning and throughout the day and return all professional calls within a 24 hour period.
• Build relationships and maintain monthly communication with youth and families.
• Transport youth and families for field trips or other related duties as assigned.
• Provide monthly report of all program related activities to supervisor.
• Complete Time Sheet daily and accurately in Automatic Data Processing (ADP) System.
• Complete travel at the end of each month and submit to Program Manager by the first Tuesday of the next month by 10:00 a.m.
• Comprehend and adhere to Bridge policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum three (3) years of experience working with diverse low income youth and families.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher
• Must be a self starter and independent professional.
• Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
• Must have reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to pass background and drug screening.
• Ability and willingness to work with other professionals to accomplish program/project goals.
• Ability to develop a variety of agencies for the Bridge clients.
• Should have a highly developed ability to problem solving.
• Should have a high degree of self confidence in order to address and deal with government agencies, when the need arises.
• Ability to accumulate and analyze data to plan appropriate interventions.
• Must have prioritization and time management skills.
Responsible to: Program Manager
Hours: Full-time/40 hour week; flexible hours with some evenings and Saturdays
Salary: $29,000 annually w/benefits
Qualified candidates should fax resume to: (904) 354-6352 ATTN: YDS-BC
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy & Affirmative Action Plan
It is the purpose of The Bridge of Northeast Florida, Inc. to employ well qualified personnel to perform the tasks necessary to achieve our objectives efficiently at reasonable costs. The Agency is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in personnel matters including recruitment and hiring, benefits, training, promotion, compensation, transfer and layoff or termination. Equal employment opportunity shall be provided to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual preference, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, and disabilities. The employment policy of the agency prohibits discrimination against any person in a protected status to include but not limited to race, color, creed, sex, sexual preference, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status and disabilities. We will attempt to achieve and maintain a diverse work force. The President/CEO has the responsibility for the employment and management of personnel.