Join the Bridge Team
If you are interested in joining our team here at The Bridge through a staff position, please check below for current job postings.
Director of Development and Communications
The ideal candidate for this position will ensure the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of short and long-term financial development programs and strategies, including annual and capital campaigns, fundraising events, direct mail, grant proposals, donor acquisition and planned giving to identify and secure new and continued funding from individuals, foundations, and corporate entities. Additional development responsibilities include creating the annual fundraising and strategic donor plans. The ideal candidate for this role would also be responsible for developing and coordinating organizational communications and messages and acting as media spokesperson as needed. Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement an annual strategic plan which specifically identifies target populations, goals, measurable objectives, a time frame and an evaluation plan.
• Research, coordinate, write and submit grants that will build the financial health of the organization in collaboration with the management team
• Prepare and distribute an annual report to CEO, Board of Directors and donors.
• Coordinate and implement major gift program, including research and cultivation of prospects, preparation of solicitations and appropriate follow-up.
• Stewardship of donors via a disciplined process of relationship management, assuring maximum return on investment.
• Work with Board and management team to ensure that appropriate solicitations of major donors and prospects occur.
• Facilitate Board of Director’s annual pledge campaign.
• Collaborate with Board of Directors to expand fundraising base and to work on assigned projects with the Board.
• Provide reports to Board members as needed
• Develop, implement and support fundraising programs specific to the organization’s strategic plan
• Facilitate annual gift solicitations via mail and online.
• Implement communication strategy and stewardship for annual gift donors
• Responsible for handling donations, including cash, by recording the appropriate information.
• Ensure accurate and timely record-keeping, management, list maintenance and gift acknowledgment through the Donor Perfect system.
• File Donor Perfect reports on a monthly basis.
• Develop and maintain on-going contact with other community and social organizations in the community as the organization representative when appropriate.
• Interface with high net worth donors.
• Interpret the philosophy, functions, goals and services of the organization to clients, donors and the community.
• Provide staff support for a Capital Campaign as applicable, including strategy development, research, preparation of materials, preparation for and scheduling of solicitations and appropriate follow-up.
• Coordinate all media appearances for CEO and act as media spokesperson as needed.
• Position VP of External Affairs and/or CEO as key spokesperson for the affiliate.
• Occasionally write editorial content for media outlets and generate press releases.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts within local media outlets.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
• Minimum BA or BS degree.
• Minimum (2) two years experience in the planning and administration of fundraising/development activities or related field.
• Demonstrated success in securing large gifts and grants.
• Demonstrated writing and public speaking skills.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with high net-worth donors, Board members and professional team members.
• Ability to prepare budgets, plans and reports.
• Ability to think strategically to develop, implement, evaluate, and expand short and long term programs, projects, and goals.
• Excellent decision-making, priority-setting and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced, constantly changing environment.
• Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers as needed.
• Ability to communicate in a sensitive and effective way with people of all backgrounds.
• High energy, flexible, creative and personable.
• Belief in the mission and goals of the organization; commitment to confidentiality.
Reports to: COO and VP of External Affairs
Hours: Full-time 40 hours (some nights and/or weekends required)
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000
Qualified Candidates should fax resume to (904)354-6352 ATTN: Development
Bridgeworks, Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
• Design any needed Excel reports for programs
• Assist staff with computer needs
• Maintain files
• Type correspondence and reports as needed
• Make copies for program as needed
• Maintain log of reports
• Communicate with Project Managers as needed
• Maintain confidentiality regarding youth and their families
• Order supplies for program
• Make flyers and banners for sites
• Assist manager with programs and staff
• Visit programs to assist when needed
• Make phone calls
• Assist staff in administrative/clerical duties
• Updating the computer database by data entry
• Distributing incoming mail and organizing the outgoing mail
• Attending to the inquiries and providing the necessary information to youth
• All other duties as assigned Qualifications:
• Some college preferred
• Minimum 1 year administrative office/clerical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks
• Must be organized, detail oriented and accurate
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
• Must be able to pass a background screening and drug screening
• Must have a valid Florida driver license
• Must possess own reliable transportation and current auto insurance Responsible
Program Manager Hours:
Part-time, 20 hours per week, Flexible Salary:
Qualified candidates should fax resume to (904)798-4654 ATTN: BW
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy & Affirmative Action Plan
It is the purpose of The Bridge of Northeast Florida, Inc. to employ well qualified personnel to perform the tasks necessary to achieve our objectives efficiently at reasonable costs. The Agency is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in personnel matters including recruitment and hiring, benefits, training, promotion, compensation, transfer and layoff or termination. Equal employment opportunity shall be provided to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual preference, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, and disabilities. The employment policy of the agency prohibits discrimination against any person in a protected status to include but not limited to race, color, creed, sex, sexual preference, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status and disabilities. We will attempt to achieve and maintain a diverse work force. The President/CEO has the responsibility for the employment and management of personnel.